List of Civil Services
Below is the complete list of the services/ posts / jobs available through the UPSC civil service examination conducted every calendar year. Since the exam is a single window entry to the numerous services under various categories, it gets allotted as per the merit list ranking based on your final score.
Once you are alotted a service you will occupy various posts under that service alone, unless in some cases you go on a deputation to another department and in other service.
Promotions in the civil services are usually time bound but orders are dependant on the state or central government's clerance of the file. However, even if it may get delayed, you will y get your salary arrears for that promotion from the notified date.
Group A Services
- Indian Administrative Service
- Indian Foreign Service
- Indian Police Service
- Indian P & T Accounts & Finance Service
- Indian Audit and Accounts Service
- Indian Revenue Service (Customs and Central Excise)
- Indian Defence Accounts Service
- Indian Revenue Service (I.T.)
- Indian Ordnance Factories Service (Assistant Works Manager, Administration)
- Indian Postal Service
- Indian Civil Accounts Service
- Indian Railway Traffic Service
- Indian Railway Accounts Service
- Indian Railway Personnel Service
- Indian Railway Protection Force (Assistant Security Commissioner)
- Indian Defence Estates Service
- Indian Information Service (Junior Grade)
- Indian Trade Service, Group 'A' (Gr. III)
- Indian Corporate Law Service
Group - B Services
- Armed Forces Headquarters Civil Service (Section Officer's Grade)
- Delhi, Andaman & Nicobar Islands, Lakshadweep, Daman & Diu and Dadra & Nagar Haveli Civil Service
- Delhi, Andaman & Nicobar Islands, Lakshadweep, Daman & Diu and Dadra & Nagar Haveli Police Service
- Pondicherry Civil Service
- Pondicherry Police Service
Indian Forest Service - A combined Preliminary examination is held for Indian Forest Service and Indian Civil Services. Read More
How to choose a civil service?