Central Equipment Identify Register
Posted on : 02 Jan 2020Views: 114
- The government has launched a web portal, ‘Central Equipment Identity Register (CEIR)’, to facilitate blocking and tracing of stolen/lost mobile phones in Delhi.
- At the launch, Minister for Communications, Law & Justice and Electronics & Information Technology said that mobile security should be a national priority because the mobile handset has become an important tool for all online activities.
- The web portal was first launched in Mumbai.
- The CEIR has been undertaken by the Department of Telecom (DoT) for addressing security, theft and other concerns including reprogramming of mobile handsets.
- The launch of the project in Delhi will facilitate – request for blocking of stolen or lost mobile phone by customers; blocking of such mobile phones across mobile networks; sharing of traceability data with the Police; and unblocking of recovered/ found stolen or lost mobile phones.
Article Related Questions
With reference to Central Equipment Identify Register, consider the following statements
1.The CEIR has been undertaken by the Department of Telecom (DoT)
2.It aims to facilitate blocking and tracing of stolen/lost mobile phones
3.The web portal was first launched in New Delhi
Which of the following statements is/are correct?
The 1857 Uprising was the culmination of the recurrent big and small local rebellions that occured in the preceding hundred years of British Rule. Elucidate (Answer in 150 words) - 2019 Mains
1.1 and 2 only
2.2 and 3 only
3.1 and 3 only
4.1, 2 and 3
Right Ans : 1 and 2 only