Exercise Nomadic Elephant with Mongolia
Posted on : 16 Dec 2019Views: 111
- Nomadic Elephant - XIV is the fourteenth edition between the two nations aimed at training troops in counter insurgency & counter terrorism operations under United Nations mandate.
- The joint exercise will enhance defence co-operation and military relations between the two nations.
- It is an ideal platform for the armies of both the nations to share their experiences & best practices and gain mutually during the joint training.
- The Mongolian Army is being represented by officers and troops of the elite 084 Air Borne Special Task Battalion while Indian Army is being represented by a battalion of the RAJPUTANA RIFLES Regiment.
- The joint training aims at evolving various tactical drills in counter-terror environment like Convoy Protection Drill, Room Intervention Drills, Ambush/ Counter Ambush Drills, while jointly conducting counter terrorist operations under UN mandate.
- The joint training will also lay emphasis on conducting operations by a cohesive subunit, comprising of troops from both the armies, in an adverse operational conditions thus enhancing the interoperability between the two armies.
- The training planned by both the contingents will go a long way in capacity building for conducting joint operations by the two armies.
Article Related Questions
India conducts exercise Nomadic Elephant with which of the following country?
The 1857 Uprising was the culmination of the recurrent big and small local rebellions that occured in the preceding hundred years of British Rule. Elucidate (Answer in 150 words) - 2019 Mains
Right Ans : Mongolia