Nation Register of Citizens
Posted on : 11 Feb 2020Views: 360
- The National Register of Citizens (NRC) is a register containing names of all genuine Indian citizens. At present, only Assam has such a register.
- The exercise may be extended to other states as well. Nagaland is already creating a similar database known as the Register of Indigenous Inhabitants. The Centre is planning to create a National Population Register (NPR), which will contain demographic and biometric details of citizens.
- National Register of Citizens, 1951 is a register prepared after the conduct of the Census of 1951.
- Purpose: To separate “illegal” immigrants and deport them.
- Nodal Agency: Registrar General and Census Commissioner India.
Article Related Questions
Consider the following statements about Nation Register of Citizens (NRC)
1.The National Register of Citizens (NRC) is a register containing names of all genuine Indian citizens.
2.At present, Assam and Nagaland have such a register.
3.Registrar General and Census Commissioner India is preparing NRC.
Which of the above statement(s) is/are correct?
1.1 and 3 only
3.1, 2 and 3
4.None of the above
Right Ans : 1 and 3 only