How To Apply For IAS Mains Exam 2019
IAS 2019 Detailed Application Form (DAF) for Main exam will be made available from August 1 – 16, 2019. Candidates can register for IAS Main Exam at the official website – upsc.gov.in by logging in with their prelims roll number, name, email ID and date of birth.
- Only candidates clearing the prelims exam can fill IAS Main Detailed Application Form (DAF).
- Firstly, candidates have to register themselves followed by filling personal, educational, parental details in DAF.
- Candidates need to upload scanned images of documents in specified format and dimensions as required by the commission.
- Application Fee for IAS Main Registration is INR 200. Reserved Category and Female Candidates are exempted from paying DAF fee.
- IAS Main Admit Card 2019 will be issued to successful registered candidates only.
- UPSC Civil Services Main examination will be held at various IAS Exam Centers in 24 cities across India.
IAS Main Registration Dates
Availability of IAS Main Detailed Application Form
August 1, 2019
|Last date to fill UPSC Detailed Application Form
||August 16, 2019
|Availability of IAS Admit cards for Main Exam
|IAS Main Exam Dates 2019
||September 20, 21, 22, 28 and 29, 2019
IAS Main 2019 Registration
Candidates who have cleared IAS Prelims need to fill out Detailed Application Form at upsc.gov.in from August 1 – 16 in order to register themselves for IAS Main exam. Application Form submitted for IAS Prelims will not be considered for Main exam. The below mentioned steps should be followed to apply for IAS Main 2019.
Steps to Apply for IAS Main Exam
UPSC Civil Services Detailed Application Form (DAF) will be available on the official website in August month. Candidates are advised to gather their documents before beginning with the registration process. Steps to be followed to fill DAF are given below:
Step 1- Online Registration
- Visit the official website i.e. upsc.gov.in
- Click on the link ‘UPSC Civil Services (Main) Examination 2019’ under Active Examinations section
- Now, login using your 6 digit Prelims Roll Number, Date of Birth, Name as on matriculation certificate and an active and valid E-mail ID.
- Enter captcha and Click on Submit button. A message will pop up on the screen mentioning your name and email id on which a password will be sent.
Step 2- Fill Detailed Application Form (DAF)
- Login again using your 6 digit Prelims Roll Number and the Passwod to fill the DAF.
- Candidates have to fill their Personal, Educational, Parental and Employment details.
- There will be six modules, keep saving each module after filling the details.
- You can make changes before the final submission. No changes would be possible after the final submission, hence fill DAF very carefully
- Some of the columns would be auto-filled with details fetched from your prelims form.
- These details cannot be changed, however, in case of any error, separate representation can be made to the commission.
Step 3- Uploading Documents
Candidates have to upload following documents in the DAF:
- Proof of Age
- Educational Qualification Degrees
- Caste/ Community Certificate, if applicable
- PH Certificate, if applicable
- Photo ID proof and
- Any other document that is required by the conducting authority.
Step 4- DAF Fee Payment
- Candidates can make the payment through online or offline mode
- For online payment, candidates may use credit card/debit card/Rupay card or Internet Banking Services.
- For offline payment, download the e-challan and submit fee in cash at SBI bank branches on the next day itself.
- Detailed Application Form Fee for Main examination is INR 200.
- After fee payment, download and save the filled-in IAS 2019 Application Form.
Note: Female applicants and SC/ST/ PwD category candidates are exempted from paying the fee.
IAS 2019 Main Application Fee
Fee of INR 200 is required for IAS Main Exam Registration. Female and SC/ST/PwD candidates are exempted from fee payment
||IAS Main Exam Fee
General/ EWS/ OBC Candidates (Male)
|Female candidates (All Categories)
||Exempted from fee payment
|SC / ST / PH candidates
||Exempted from fee payment
- The fee can be paid in both offline and online mode.
- For offline method of fee payment, the candidate must remit the amount in any Branch of SBI.
- For online options the candidate can opt either for Net Banking facility or for payment through a debit / credit/ rupay card.
- Candidates paying cash will need to take a print out of the system generated Pay-in-slip.
- The Pay in Slip is generated during the registration process.
- Cash must be deposited at the counter of a SBI Branch on the next working day only.
- Candidates failing to pay the fee by cash by the closing date, despite having valid pay-in-slip, will have to resort to online modes of fee payment.
IAS Detailed Application Form Guidelines
Following pointers should be kept in mind while registering for IAS Main. It is of utmost importance to follow the mentioned instructions.
- The candidate must not impersonate any other person in order to submit a successful application.
- Offering illegal gratification to a person related to the exam conducting body so as to have their application accepted must not be engaged in.
- Applying pressure on any member of the exam authority in relation to the application process is strictly prohibited.
- Threatening or blackmailing any of the authorities is not allowed.
- Submitting fabricated documents or documents which have been tampered with as part of the application is prohibited.
- Candidates must refrain from making incorrect or false statements with regard to their application.
- Submitting multiple applications should be avoided.
- In case of multiple applications, the application with higher Registration ID (RID) will be considered.
- The candidate must ensure that the application with the higher RID is complete in all respects.
- Care must be taken to provide a valid and active email address at the time of application.
IAS Main 2019 Admit Card
IAS Main 2019 Admit Card will be available to download two to three weeks prior of IAS Exam. Aspirants can download IAS Admit Card from the Official website of UPSC. No admit card will be delivered through Post. The exam will be conducted on September 20, 21, 22, 28 and 29, 2019.