Pradhan Mantri Adarsh Gram Yojana
Posted on : 13 Dec 2019Views: 250
- The Union government has identified 26,968 Dalit-majority villages for focused implementation of various government schemes over the next five years.
- All existing Central and state welfare schemes that are necessary to meet critical gaps in socio-economic and infrastructure needs, and reduce disparities will be implemented in Dalit villages.
- These villages — where over 50 per cent of the total population areDalits and those with a sizeable overall population — have been zeroed in under the PradhanMantriAdarsh Gram Yojana for “integrated development”.
- While the scheme is mainly about ensuring focused implementation and convergence of existing Central and state government schemes, the ministry provides Rs 21 lakh per village as gap funding.
- According to the 2011 Census, Dalits make up 16.6 per cent of the country’s total population, with states such as Punjab, Uttar Pradesh, Haryana, Himachal Pradesh, West Bengal, and the Union Territory of Delhi recording more than 20 per cent Dalit population.
Article Related Questions
Consider the following statements regarding Pradhan Mantri Adarsh Gram Yojana.
1.It has been launched by the Government of India in 2019
2.It is an area based development approach of predominantly dalit villages.
3.It aimed to achieve integrated development of selected villages with more than 25% SC population.
Which of the following statement is/are not correct?
1.1 and 2 only
2.2 and 3 only
3.1 and 3 only
4.1, 2 and 3
Right Ans : 1 and 3 only