Civil Services - Essay Contest (2019)
Showcase your ideas on public policy and current affairs by entering our essay writing competition. Every month, students can choose any one topic and send their essays. The selected essays will be published on our website with the name of the author. The best essays on each topic will be ranked and the winner will be getting the free subscription of current affairs E magazine for six months or free online test Selected essays will be given one month free current affairs E-magazine. We hope more and more of students will participate in the Essay contest, which is usually based on topics of current affairs topics. One should remember that these topics will be useful not only for the IAS exams but also for other competitive exams.
Candidates should send their essay to email@example.com. Please mention your mobile number in your mail.
What are the rules of Essay contest ?
- The essay should be sent in the word format with 14 font size. It should carry the name of the author and its e mail ID. Any other format of submission is not acceptable.
- The essay should contain a declaration saying that its original content of the author and is not copied from anywhere.
- If the essay is found to be copied it will be rejected and senders ID will be blocked.
- Civil Service India reserves the Copyright of the essays; however in case of copyright infringement (copied matter) Civil Service India is not liable for it.
- Civil Service India reserves the right to edit the essay for clarity of language, grammar and space.
- One person can send only one essay for one topic It's advised to go through the essay carefully before sending it once and finally.
- The Essay must be between 500 and 800 words. An ideal essay should be of 650 words.
- Please send your entries much before the Deadline to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Essay Topics: November - 2019 ( Last Date: 30th November )
- Unemployment in India and the roadmap ahead.
- Rural development – what are the possibilities?
- What does the youth of India want? Engaging the youth.
- Can live in relationships be considered a new age form of marriage?
Selected Essay Topics: October - 2019
- Biased Media is a real threat to Indian Democracy.- Sangeeta paul(Winner)
- Biased Media is a real threat to Indian Democracy.- Surya M
- Rise of Artificial Intelligence : the threat of jobless future through reskilling and upskilling- Maryam Maqsood (Winner)
- Courage to accept and decision to improve are two keys to success- SRISHAKTHI.M(Winner)
Selected Essay Topics: September - 2019
- How Important the Role of a Housewife to India’s Economic Growth? - Srishakthi.M
- Feeding India's Billion plus Population , the Roadmap Ahead. - Uday Kiran.D
- What Does Marriage Mean to the Millennials in India? - Surya. M
- What Does Marriage Mean to the Millennials in India? - Abraham Johnson Anchaniyil.
- Feeding India's Billion plus Population , the Roadmap Ahead. - Niharika Tahasheeldar
- Tree Plantation Drives, Are They Enough to Get Sufficient Rains - Prathamesh Mahajan
- Feeding India's Billion plus Population , the Roadmap Ahead. - Krupan.P.M(Winner)
- Feeding India's Billion plus Population , the Roadmap Ahead. - Goutham.R
- What Does Marriage Mean to the Millennials in India? - Jnandeep Bora(Winner)
- How Important the Role of a Housewife to India’s Economic Growth? - Nikita Mehta
- Feeding India's Billion plus Population , the Roadmap Ahead. - Shuvajyoti Dutta
Selected Essay Topics: August - 2019
- Fulfilment of ”new Women” in India Is a Myth - Dr.Rashmi Bhat.
- Fulfilment of ”new Women” in India Is a Myth - Yohalakshmi Nethi Gopalakrishnan
- Farming Has Lost the Ability to Be a Source of Subsistence for Majority of Farmers in India - M.Surya(Winner)
- Is There Enough Employment for the Youth of India? What Can Be Done? - Jnandeep Bora.(Winner)
Selected Essay Topics: July - 2019
- Customary Morality Cannot Be a Guide to Modern Life - Karthiayani Nair
- A Good Life Is One Inspired by Love and Guided by Knowledge - Krupan P M(Winner)
- A People That Values Its Privileges above Its Principles, Loses Both - Shuvajyoti Dutta
Selected Essay Topics: June - 2019
- Alternative Technologies for Climate Change. - Surya
- Alternative Technologies for Climate Change. - Sayyed Samreen Roomi
- Poverty Anywhere is a Threat to Prosperity Everywhere. - Durgesh Kumar Singh(Winner)
- Poverty Anywhere is a Threat to Prosperity Everywhere. - Mimansa Sahrawat
- Poverty Anywhere is a Threat to Prosperity Everywhere. - Jnandeep Bora
Selected Essay Topics: May - 2019
- Rise of Religious Terrorism in Sri Lanka - Sayed Nishat Tanaum(Winner)
- India's Decision to Create Indo-pacific Division. - Malavika.R
- The Proposal to Allow Dentist Practice as General Physician. - Reshma Bhat.DR
Selected Essay Topics: April - 2019
- Rahul Gandhi's minimum income guarantee scheme - Harshini Manthripragada(Winner)
Selected Essay Topics: March - 2019
- Priyanka Gandhi and her entry into politics - JNANDEEP BORA(Winner)
- Pulwama terror attack and its aftermath - Amit Aseri(Selected)
- Government announcement of No tax for income till Rs. 5 lakh - Sneha Lad(Selected)
Essay Topics: February - 2019
- 10 Per Cent Reservation For General Category - Veena Goyal(Winner)
- 10 Per Cent Reservation For General Category - Manish Kumar(Selected)
- Economic Offenders in India - Abraham Johnson Achaniyil(Selected)
Essay Topics: January - 2019
- Plastic ban in India - Manish Kumar(Winner)
- Importance of reservation of seats for women in Parliament - Dr Rashmi Bhat(Selected)
Mains Syllabus of Essay |
Question Papers of Essay |
Suggested Strategy for Essay |
Practice Essay Topics for Mains |