The Application Procedure for the Civil Services Examination has been changed from 2016. Now you can no longer send postal application forms, instead you have to apply online. No other mode for submission of applications is allowed. Candidates are required to apply Online by using the website http://www.upsconline.nic.in.
The online Applications can be filled up after the announcement by the UPSC till the closing date till 11.59 PM.
Candidates shall be issued an e-Admission Certificate 3 weeks before the date of examination. The e-Admission Certificate will be available on www.upsc.gov.in for downloading by candidates. No Admission Certificate will be sent by post to the applicants.
Links for UPSC Application Forms
HOW TO APPLY FOR CIVIL SERVICES?
- Candidates are required to apply online using the website http://www.upsconline.nic.in Detailed instructions for filling up online applications are available on the abovementioned website. The applicants are advised to submit only single application; however, if due to any unavoidable situation, if he/she submits another/multiple applications, then he/she must ensure that application with the higher RID is complete in all respects like applicants' details, examination centre, photograph, signature, fee etc. The applicants who are submitting multiple applications should note that only the applications with higher RID (Registration ID) shall be entertained by the Commission and fee paid against one RID shall not be adjusted against any other RID.
- All candidates, whether already in Government Service, Government owned industrial under takings or other similar organisations or in private employment should submit their applications direct to the Commission. Persons already in Government Service, whether in a permanent or temporary capacity or as work charged employees other than casual or daily rated employees or those serving under the Public Enterprises are however, required submitting an undertaking that they have informed in writing to their Head of Office/Department that they have applied for the Examination. Candidates should note that in case a communication is received from their employer by the Commission withholding permission to the candidates applying for/appearing at the examination, their application will be liable to be rejected/candidature will be liable to be cancelled.
NOTE 1: While filling in his/her Application Form, the candidate should carefully decide about his/her choice of center for the Examination. If any candidate appears at a center other than the one indicated by the Commission in his/her Admission Certificate, the papers of such a candidate will not be evaluated and his/her candidature will be liable to cancellation.
NOTE 2: Candidates are NOT required to submit along with their applications any certificate in support of their claims regarding Age, Educational Qualifications, Scheduled Castes/Scheduled Tribes/Other Backward Classes and Physically disabled etc. which will be verified at the time of the Main examination only. The candidates applying for the examination should ensure that they fulfill all the eligibility conditions for admission to the Examination.
Their admission at all the stages of examination for which they are admitted by the Commission viz. Preliminary Examination, Main (Written) Examination and Interview Test will be purely provisional, subject to their satisfying the prescribed eligibility conditions.
If on verification at any time before or after the Preliminary Examination, Main (written) Examination and Interview Test, it is found that they do not fulfill any of the eligibility conditions; their candidature for the examination will be cancelled by the Commission.
If any of their claims is found to be incorrect, they may render themselves liable to disciplinary action by the Commission in terms of Rule 14 of the Rules for the subject
More on Civil Services Examination Procedure:
A candidate who is or has been declared by the Commission to be guilty of :
- Obtaining support for his/her candidature by the following means, namely :-
offering illegal gratification to, or applying pressure on, or blackmailing, or threatening to blackmail any person connected with the conduct of the examination, or
- impersonating, or
- procuring impersonation by any person, or
- submitting fabricated documents or documents which have been tampered with, or
- making statements which are incorrect or false or suppressing material information, or
- resorting to the following means in connection with his/her candidature for the examination, namely
- obtaining copy of question paper through improper means,
- finding out the particulars of the persons connected with secret work relating to the examination.
- Influencing the examiners, or
- using unfair means during the examination, or
- writing obscene matter or drawing obscene sketches in the scripts, or
- misbehaving in the examination hall including tearing of the scripts, provoking 24 www.employmentnews.gov.in Employment News 11 - 17 February 2014 fellow examinees to boycott examination, creating a disorderly scene and the like, or
- harassing or doing bodily harm to the staff employed by the Commission for the conduct of their examinations, or
- being in possession of or using mobile phone, pager or any electronic equipment or device or any other equipment capable of being used as a communication device during the examination; or
- violating any of the instructions issued to candidates along with their Admission Certificates permitting them to take the examination, or
- attempting to commit or as the case may be abetting the Commission of all or any of the acts specified in the foregoing clauses;
may in addition to rendering himself/herself liable to criminal prosecution, be liable to be disqualified by the Commission from the examination for which he/she is a candidate and/ or to be debarred either permanently or for a specified period by the Commission from any examination or selection held by them; by the Central Government from any employment under them; and if he/she is already in service under Government to disciplinary action under the appropriate Rules.
Provided that no penalty under these Rules shall be imposed except after
- Giving the candidate an opportunity of making such representation, in writing as he/she may wish to make in that behalf; and
- Taking the representation, if any, submitted by the candidate within the period allowed to him/her into consideration.
Last Date for Receipt of Applications:
The Online Applications can be filled after the announcing made the UPSC till 11.59 pm of the closing date, after which the link will be disabled.
Withdrawal of Applications:
No request for withdrawal of candidature received from a candidate after he/she has submitted his/her application will be entertained under any circumstances.