‘Asia Pacific Drosophila Research Conference’
Posted on : 03 Feb 2020Views: 857
- Pune is set to host the fifth edition of the Asia Pacific Drosophila Research Conference (APDRC5), which is being organised in the country for the first time by the Indian Institute of Science Education and Research (IISER).
- The Asia Pacific Drosophila Research Conferences (APDRC) are biennial events that aim to promote the interaction of Drosophila Researchers in the Asia-Pacific region with their peers in the rest of the world.
- The conference includes sessions, like Gametogenesis & Stem Cells, Pattern Formation, Morphogenesis & Mechanobiology, Hormones & Physiology, Cellular Neurobiology, Behavioural Neurobiology, Infection & Immunity, and Ecology & Evolution.
- The 5th Conference (6th Jan to 10th Jan) will feature 430 delegates: 330 Indian and 100 foreign.
- It will see the participation of two Nobel laureates, professors Eric Wieschaus and Michael Rosbash, known for their seminal contribution to the fields of developmental biology and chronobiology respectively.
- The last four editions of this conference took place in Taipei, Seoul, Beijing and Osaka.
Article Related Questions
Consider the following statements regarding “Asia Pacific Drosophila Research Conference”
1.India is hosting this event for the first time.
2.It would be hosted by Indian Institute of Science Education and Research (IISER).
Which of the following statement is/are correct?
3.Both 1 and 2
4.Neither 1 nor 2
Right Ans : Both 1 and 2