Posted on : 25 Jan 2020Views: 676
- The first Constituent Assembly for undivided India was constituted in November 1946 under the scheme formulated by the Cabinet Mission Plan.
- The Indian Independence Act of 1947 made the Constituent Assembly a fully sovereign body, which could frame any Constitution it pleased. The act empowered the Assembly to abrogate or alter any law made by the British Parliament in relation to India.
- In addition to the making of the Constitution and enacting of ordinary laws, the Constituent Assembly performed the following functions:
- It ratified India’s membership of the Commonwealth in May 1949.
- It adopted the national flag on July 22, 1947.
- It adopted the national anthem on January 24, 1950.
- It adopted the national song on January 24, 1950.
- It elected Dr. Rajendra Prasad as the first President of India on January 24, 1950.
Article Related Questions
Consider the following statements regarding the Constituent Assembly
1.The first Constituent Assembly of undivided India was formed under scheme formulated by the Cripps Mission.
2.The Constituent Assembly was made a fully sovereign body through the Indian Independence Act of 1947.
3.The Constituent Assembly adopted the national song and national anthem.
Which of the above statements is/are correct?
3.2 and 3 only
4.1, 2 and 3
Right Ans : 1 only