Core Industries of India
Posted on : 13 Dec 2019Views: 1446
- India’s core sector output remained weak in July, with growth slowing to 2.1% from a year earlier, as production of coal, crude oil, natural gas and refinery products declined.
- The eight core industries of coal, crude oil, natural gas, refinery products, fertilisers, steel, cement and electricity, which have a 40.27% weight in the Index of Industrial.
- Eight Core Industries are Electricity, steel, refinery products, crude oil, coal, cement, natural gas and fertilizers. The Index of Eight Core Industries is a monthly production index, which is also considered as a lead indicator of the monthly industrial performance.
- The Index of Eight Core Industries is compiled based on the monthly production information received from the Source Agencies.
- Petroleum Refinery production (weight: 28.04per cent), Electricity generation (weight: 19.85per cent), Steel production (weight: 17.92per cent), Coal production (weight: 10.33per cent),Crude Oil production (weight: 8.98per cent), The Natural Gas production (weight: 6.88per cent), Cement production (weight: 5.37per cent), Fertilizers production (weight: 2.63 per cent)
Article Related Questions
Which of the following statements is correct regarding Core Industries of India?
1.The Index of Eight Core Industries is a monthly production index.
2.Refinery products have thehighest weightage of all.
3.All the core industries combined have more than 40% weight in the Index of Industrial Production.
4.All statements are correct.
Right Ans : All statements are correct.