Core Industries of India
Posted on : 13 Dec 2019Views: 376
- India’s core sector output remained weak in July, with growth slowing to 2.1% from a year earlier, as production of coal, crude oil, natural gas and refinery products declined.
- The eight core industries of coal, crude oil, natural gas, refinery products, fertilisers, steel, cement and electricity, which have a 40.27% weight in the Index of Industrial.
- Eight Core Industries are Electricity, steel, refinery products, crude oil, coal, cement, natural gas and fertilizers. The Index of Eight Core Industries is a monthly production index, which is also considered as a lead indicator of the monthly industrial performance.
- The Index of Eight Core Industries is compiled based on the monthly production information received from the Source Agencies.
- Petroleum Refinery production (weight: 28.04per cent), Electricity generation (weight: 19.85per cent), Steel production (weight: 17.92per cent), Coal production (weight: 10.33per cent),Crude Oil production (weight: 8.98per cent), The Natural Gas production (weight: 6.88per cent), Cement production (weight: 5.37per cent), Fertilizers production (weight: 2.63 per cent)
Article Related Questions
Which of the following statements is correct regarding Core Industries of India?
The 1857 Uprising was the culmination of the recurrent big and small local rebellions that occured in the preceding hundred years of British Rule. Elucidate (Answer in 150 words) - 2019 Mains
1.The Index of Eight Core Industries is a monthly production index.
2.Refinery products have thehighest weightage of all.
3.All the core industries combined have more than 40% weight in the Index of Industrial Production.
4.All statements are correct.
Right Ans : All statements are correct.