Flamingo festival at Pulicat Lake
Posted on : 04 Jan 2020Views: 541
- Flamingo Festival is held every year to promote tourism in Pulicat and Nellapattu. It has been organised for the past 12 years.
- Nelapattu Bird Sanctuary is considered one of the biggest habitat for some hundreds of pelicans and other birds. It is located about 20 km north of the Pulicat Lake on the Andhra Pradesh-Tamil Nadu border and is spread in about 459 hectares.
- It is the second largest brackish water lake or lagoon in India, after Chilika Lake. It straddles the border of Andhra Pradesh and Tamil Nadu states with over 96% of it in Andhra Pradesh.
- The lake encompasses the Pulicat Lake Bird Sanctuary. The barrier island of Sriharikota separates the lake from the Bay of Bengal and is home to the Satish Dhawan Space Centre.
- Two rivers which feed the lagoon are the Arani river at the southern tip and the Kalangi River from the northwest. The Buckingham Canal, a navigation channel, is part of the lagoon on its western side.
Article Related Questions
With reference to Flamingo festival at Pulicat Lake, consider the following statements
1.It has been organised for the past 12 years.
2.Pulicat Lake is on the Andhra Pradesh-Telangana border.
3.It is the second largest brackish water lake or lagoon in India after Chilika Lake.
Which of the following statement is/are correct?
1.1 and 2 only
2.2 and 3 only
3.1 and 3 only
4.1, 2 and 3
Right Ans : 1 and 3 only