Food Safety Mitra (FSM) scheme
Posted on : 20 Dec 2019Views: 988
- Recently, the Union Minister of Health and Family Welfare launched the Food Safety Mitra (FSM) scheme at the occasion of World Food Day.
- The apex food regulator Food Safety and Standards Authority of India (FSSAI) launched Food Safety Mitra (FSM) scheme.
- FSM Scheme aims to support small and medium-scale food businesses so as to comply with the food safety laws and will facilitate them with the licensing and registration process, hygiene ratings and training programme.
- The scheme will also improve ease of doing business by creating a transparent and organized ecosystem supporting food businesses wherein food businesses will be able to get trained service providers at fair prices - lowering the costs of compliance.
- A Food Safety Mitra is an individual professional certified by FSSAI who assists in compliances related to FSS Act.
- The FSMs would undergo training and certification that will be conducted by the Food Safety and Standards Authority of India (FSSAI), in order to get paid by food businesses for their services.
- The scheme would also create new employment opportunities for youth (particularly with food and nutrition background).
- FSSAI has partnered with the Domestic Workers Sector Skill Council (DWSSC) under the Ministry of Skill Development and Entrepreneurship to launch a training course for domestic workers and homemakers across the country.
Article Related Questions
The Food Safety Mitra (FSM) scheme that was launched recently aims at
1.Compliance with food laws
2.Improve ease of business
Choose the correct option
3.1 and 2 only
4.1, 2 and 3
Right Ans : 1, 2 and 3