Gaganyaan Mission of ISRO
Posted on : 26 Dec 2019Views: 1570
- Gaganyaan Mission will demonstrate Indian Human Spaceflight capability to low earth orbit for a mission duration ranging from one orbital period to a maximum of seven days.
- GSLV Mk-lll will be used to carry the orbital module which will have necessary provisions for sustaining a 3-member crew for the duration of the mission.
- ISRO has demonstrated a number of technologies that are required for this programme like Space Capsule Recovery Experiment (SRE-2007), Crew module Atmospheric Reentry Experiment (CARE-2014) and Pad Abort Test (2018).
- The programme will make India the fourth nation in the world to launch a Human Spaceflight Mission. So far, only the USA, Russia and China have launched human spaceflight missions.
- Two unmanned flights and one manned flight will be undertaken as part of Gaganyaan Programme.
- ISRO and Russian federal space agency (ROSCOSMOS) have signed a memorandum of Understanding (MoU) to work together for India’s 1st manned space mission.
- ROSCOSMOS has also offered ride to Indian astronaut short visit to International Space Station on board Soyuz spacecraft for short training mission.
- Recently, a Gaganyaan National Advisory Council has been created with members from different institutions and industries like Secretaries of Department of Space, Department of Science and Technology, Department of Defense Research and Development, Department of Scientific and Industrial Research, Principal Scientific Advisor to PM, Senior Officials from Armed Forces, Indian Coast Guard etc.
Article Related Questions
ISRO plans to send humans to space as part of Gaganyaan Mission by 2022. In this regard, consider the following statements
1.India will become the 3rd country after Russia and USA to launch human spaceflight mission.
2.ISRO has signed a Memorandum of Understanding (MoU) with NASA for a short visit to International Space Station as a training mission.
Which of the above statements is/are correct?
3.Both 1 and 2
4.Neither 1 nor 2
Right Ans : Neither 1 nor 2