Hydrogen Fuel Cell Cars
Posted on : 09 Dec 2019Views: 281
- Union Minister of Petroleum and Natural Gas and Steel experienced the test drive of Hydrogen Fuel Cell based car manufactured by Toyota Kirloskar in Shri Dhyan Chand National Stadium.
- In the rapidly evolving energy landscape, hydrogen offers an eco-friendly & innovative solution for sustainable & green transport fuel.
- The only emission from this car is water. Hydrogen can be produced from various sources including biomass, renewables, LNG etc. and possesses high energy density and long-time storage.
- While hydrogen and hybrid technologies are promising, the manufacturing cost of this high end technology still needs to be worked upon to make it more affordable in the Indian scenario.
- Fuel cell vehicles use hydrogen gas to power an electric motor.
- Unlike conventional vehicles which run on gasoline or diesel, fuel cell cars and trucks combine hydrogen and oxygen to produce electricity, which runs a motor.
- Since they’re powered entirely by electricity, fuel cell vehicles are considered electric vehicles (“EVs”)—but unlike other EVs, their range and refuelling processes are comparable to conventional cars and trucks.
- Converting hydrogen gas into electricity produces only water and heat as a by-product, meaning fuel cell vehicles don’t create tailpipe pollution when they’re driven.
Article Related Questions
With reference to Hydrogen Fuel Cell Cars, consider the following statements
1.Hydrogen offers an eco-friendly & innovative solution for sustainable & green transport fuel.
2.The only emission from this car is water.
Which of the following statement is/are correct?
The 1857 Uprising was the culmination of the recurrent big and small local rebellions that occured in the preceding hundred years of British Rule. Elucidate (Answer in 150 words) - 2019 Mains
3.Both 1 and 2
4.Neither 1 nor 2
Right Ans : Both 1 and 2