Hydrogen Fuel Cell Cars
Posted on : 09 Dec 2019Views: 500
- Union Minister of Petroleum and Natural Gas and Steel experienced the test drive of Hydrogen Fuel Cell based car manufactured by Toyota Kirloskar in Shri Dhyan Chand National Stadium.
- In the rapidly evolving energy landscape, hydrogen offers an eco-friendly & innovative solution for sustainable & green transport fuel.
- The only emission from this car is water. Hydrogen can be produced from various sources including biomass, renewables, LNG etc. and possesses high energy density and long-time storage.
- While hydrogen and hybrid technologies are promising, the manufacturing cost of this high end technology still needs to be worked upon to make it more affordable in the Indian scenario.
- Fuel cell vehicles use hydrogen gas to power an electric motor.
- Unlike conventional vehicles which run on gasoline or diesel, fuel cell cars and trucks combine hydrogen and oxygen to produce electricity, which runs a motor.
- Since they’re powered entirely by electricity, fuel cell vehicles are considered electric vehicles (“EVs”)—but unlike other EVs, their range and refuelling processes are comparable to conventional cars and trucks.
- Converting hydrogen gas into electricity produces only water and heat as a by-product, meaning fuel cell vehicles don’t create tailpipe pollution when they’re driven.
Article Related Questions
With reference to Hydrogen Fuel Cell Cars, consider the following statements
1.Hydrogen offers an eco-friendly & innovative solution for sustainable & green transport fuel.
2.The only emission from this car is water.
Which of the following statement is/are correct?
3.Both 1 and 2
4.Neither 1 nor 2
Right Ans : Both 1 and 2