Indian Antarctic Program
Posted on : 05 Mar 2020Views: 499
- Bharati is a permanent Antarctic research station commissioned by India.
- It is India's third Antarctic research facility and one of two active Indian research stations, alongside Maitri.
- India's first committed research facility, Dakshin Gangotri, is being used as a supply base.
- India officially acceded to the Antarctic Treaty System on 1 August 1983.
Article Related Questions
Which of the statements given below is/are correct?
1. India is a Consultative Member of the Antarctic Treaty System.
2. Dakshin Gangotri, Maitri and Bharati are Indian stations in Antarctica
3.Both 1 and 2
4.Neither 1 nor 2
Right Ans : Both 1 and 2