Mahaparinirvan Diwas and Dr BR Ambedkar
Posted on : 09 Dec 2019Views: 469
64th Mahaparinirvan Diwas
- Nation pays homage to Dr BR Ambedkar on his 64th Mahaparinirvan Diwas.
- Special events are organized at Chaitya Bhoomi in Mumbai which is the resting place of Dr. Ambedkar.
- Dr. Bhimrao Ramji Ambedkar had died on 6th of December in the 1956 that’s why Dr. Babasaheb Ambedkar Mahaparinirvan Din or death anniversary is observed every year all over the India.
- He is called as “The Father of the Indian Constitution”.
- Dr. B.R. Ambedkar was elected as the chairman of the drafting committee that was constituted by the Constituent Assembly to draft a constitution for the independent India; he was the first Law Minister of India; conferred Bharat Ratna in 1990.
- With the help of Shahu Maharaj of Kolhapur, a sympathizer of the cause for the upliftment of the depressed classes, he started a fortnightly newspaper, the "Mooknayak" (Dumb Hero) on January 31, 1920.
- In July 1924, he founded the Bahishkrit Hitkaraini Sabha (Outcastes Welfare Association).
- In 1929, Ambedkar made the controversial decision to co-operate with the all-British Simon Commission.
- On September 24, 1932, Dr. Ambedkar and Gandhiji reached an understanding, which became the famous Poona Pact. According to the pact the separate electorate demand was replaced with special concessions like reserved seats in the regional legislative assemblies and Central Council of States.
- Dr. B.R. Ambedkar set up the "Independent Labor Party" in August 1936 to contest the elections in the Bombay province.
- In 1937, Dr. Ambedkar introduced a Bill to abolish the "khoti" system of land tenure in the Konkan region, the serfdom of agricultural tenants and the Mahar "watan" system of working for the Government as slaves.
- In 1955, he founded the Bharatiya Bauddha Mahasabha, or the Buddhist Society of IndiaHe completed his final work, The Buddha and His Dhamma, in 1956 which was published posthumously.
- On 0ctober 14, 1956 he embraced Buddhism along with many of his followers.
Article Related Questions
With reference to Mahaparinirvan Diwas celebrated to pay homage to Dr BR Ambedkar, consider the following statements about Dr BR Ambedkar
1.Dr. B.R. Ambedkar was elected as the chairman of the drafting committee
2.He started a fortnightly newspaper, the 'Mooknayak'
3.He embraced Jainism along with many of his followers.
Which of the following statement is/are correct?
2.1 and 2 only
3.2 and 3 only
4.1, 2 and 3
Right Ans : 1 and 2 only