Pradhan Mantri Kisan SAMPADA Yojana (PMKSY)
Posted on : 28 Jan 2020Views: 305
- Government of India approved a Central Sector Scheme – Pradhan Mantri Kisan SAMPADA Yojana (Scheme for Agro-Marine Processing and Development of Agro-Processing Clusters) with an allocation of Rs. 6,000 crore for the period 2016-20 coterminous with the 14th Finance Commission cycle.
- The scheme will be implemented by Ministry of Food Processing Industries (MoFPI).
- It is a comprehensive package which will result in creation of modern infrastructure with efficient supply chain management from farm gate to retail outlet.
- It will not only provide a big boost to the growth of food processing sector in the country but also help in providing better returns to farmers and is a big step towards doubling of farmers income, creating huge employment opportunities especially in the rural areas, reducing wastage of agricultural produce, increasing the processing level and enhancing the export of the processed foods.
- The PMKSY has seven component schemes:
- Mega Food Parks,
- Integrated Cold Chain and Value Addition Infrastructure,
- Infrastructure for Agro-Processing Clusters,
- Creation of Backward and Forward Linkages,
- Creation/Expansion of Food Processing & Preservation Capacities,
- Food Safety and Quality Assurance Infrastructure, and
- Human Resources and Institutions.
Article Related Questions
Consider the following statements regarding Pradhan Mantri Kisan SAMPADA Yojana
1.It is a Centrally Sponsored Scheme.
2.It is implemented by Ministry of Agriculture & Farmers Welfare.
3.It will help in reducing wastage of agricultural produce and doubling of farmers’ income.
Which of the above statements is/are incorrect?
3.1 and 2 only
4.1, 2 and 3
Right Ans : 1 and 2 only