Posted on : 23 Jan 2020Views: 858
- The S-400, an upgraded version of the S-300, had previously only been available to the Russian defence forces.
- It is manufactured by Almaz-Antey and has been in service in Russia since 2007.
- The S-400 system is highly mobile-all radars, missiles and launchers are mounted on 8x8 cross-country trucks, which makes them harder to detect and destroy.
- The entire system can be made ready to fire in a matter of minutes.
- The S-400's crown jewel is its 92N6E electronically-steered phased array radar, dubbed 'Grave Stone’ that can track 300 targets over 600 kilometres away and, based on the threat and range, shoot four different missile types at them.
- Each S-400 system has four types of missiles from the 400-km range, 200-km range, 100-km and 40-km range, forming a nearly impenetrable interlocking grid of missiles. It can detect and destroy targets flying as low as 100 feet to as high as 40,000 feet.
- The 'Triumf' interceptor-based missile system can destroy incoming hostile aircraft, missiles and even drones at ranges of up to 400 km. S-400 is known as Russia's most advanced long-range surface-to-air missile defence system.
Article Related Questions
India is planning to buy S-400 missiles from which of the following country?
Right Ans : Russia