The Red Corridor
Posted on : 07 Feb 2020Views: 1153
- The Red Corridor is the region in the eastern, central and the southern parts of India that experience considerable Naxalite–Maoist insurgency.
- LWE has emerged as a politico-socio-economic challenge, making it a complex phenomenon that cannot be effectively tackled only through the use of kinetic methods. In other words, it’s not a mere law and order problem.
- The Naxalite movement prominently focused on major issues like
- Reallocation of land resources;
- Ensuring minimum wages for the labour working in the farms;
- Running a parallel government and impose tax and penalties;
- Run parallel Kangaroo Courts;
- Destruction of government property and abduct its officials;
- Attacks on police and law enforcing machinery;
- Enforce its own social code of conduct
Article Related Questions
“Red Corridor” sometimes seen in news is related to what?
1.Opium growing regions
2.Left wing extremism
4.Illegal hunting areas
Right Ans : Left wing extremism