Indrajit Gupta Committee on State funding of elections
Posted on : 01 Jan 2020Views: 4036
- Indrajit Gupta was the chairman of the parliamentary committee on state funding of elections set up in 1998.
- Following are the recommendations of Indrajit Gupta Committee:
- State funding should be in kind i.e. no financial support is to be given to parties.
- Part of financial burden of the parties is to be initially borne by the states.
- Only the recognized political parties should be given state support.
- Political Parties should compulsory submit their annual accounts to the income tax department.
- Complete account of the election expenditure should be filed by the parties to EC
- The Committee noted that at the time of the report the economic situation of the country only suited partial and not full state funding of elections.
Article Related Questions
Indrajit Gupta Committee is related to?
1.Nexus between crime and politics
2.State funding of elections
4.None of the above
Right Ans : State funding of elections