Pinaka guided rocket system
Posted on : 24 Dec 2019Views: 87
- The upgraded version of Pinaka guided rocket system was test-fired from the DRDO’s Proof and Experimental Establishment firing test range.
- The all-weather tracked-chassis Quick Reaction Surface-to-Air Missile (QR-SAM) tested from a mobile launcher at a launch complex of the Integrated Test Range.
- Pinaka system has a maximum range of 75 km for Mark-II variant and can fire a salvo of 12 rockets in less than 45 seconds.
- QR-SAM system can also engage multiple targets within a range of around 25 to 30 km with two vehicle configurations for area air defence.
- The specificity of QR-SAM missile is that it intended to defend Army formations operating in plains and semi-desert areas, including those enemy missiles that suddenly appear at close range.
- The successful test of missiles will boost India to strengthen its security position.
- The rocket system was named after Pinaka, the bow of Lord Shiva.
Article Related Questions
With reference to Pinaka guided rocket system, consider the following statements
1.It is an Air-to-Air missile that can engage multiple targets at a time
2.The rocket system was named after Pinaka, the bow of Lord Shiva.
3.It is an indigenously developed missile system by DRDO.
Which of the following option is/are correct?
The 1857 Uprising was the culmination of the recurrent big and small local rebellions that occured in the preceding hundred years of British Rule. Elucidate (Answer in 150 words) - 2019 Mains
1.1 and 2 only
2.2 and 3 only
3.1 and 3 only
4.1, 2 and 3
Right Ans : 2 and 3 only