Pinaka guided rocket system
Posted on : 24 Dec 2019Views: 1012
- The upgraded version of Pinaka guided rocket system was test-fired from the DRDO’s Proof and Experimental Establishment firing test range.
- The all-weather tracked-chassis Quick Reaction Surface-to-Air Missile (QR-SAM) tested from a mobile launcher at a launch complex of the Integrated Test Range.
- Pinaka system has a maximum range of 75 km for Mark-II variant and can fire a salvo of 12 rockets in less than 45 seconds.
- QR-SAM system can also engage multiple targets within a range of around 25 to 30 km with two vehicle configurations for area air defence.
- The specificity of QR-SAM missile is that it intended to defend Army formations operating in plains and semi-desert areas, including those enemy missiles that suddenly appear at close range.
- The successful test of missiles will boost India to strengthen its security position.
- The rocket system was named after Pinaka, the bow of Lord Shiva.
Article Related Questions
With reference to Pinaka guided rocket system, consider the following statements
1.It is an Air-to-Air missile that can engage multiple targets at a time
2.The rocket system was named after Pinaka, the bow of Lord Shiva.
3.It is an indigenously developed missile system by DRDO.
Which of the following option is/are correct?
1.1 and 2 only
2.2 and 3 only
3.1 and 3 only
4.1, 2 and 3
Right Ans : 2 and 3 only