Ways to manage professional/advanced studies while working
It is observed that continuing professional studies or advanced courses along with job is tough task.
Some useful tips are mentioned below to balance professional studies and occupation:
- For candidates who are working along with study may use their morning time for study.
- Candidates who are working and studying both may develop effective time management schedule and follow it. It is important to set up a daily or weekly plan and ensure that they set aside time for their studies daily.
- These people can fully utilize commute time for study. Though, it is difficult to concentrate on study while travelling. However, students can utilize travel time which is lengthy. They need to set their mind and select simple and interesting topics to study during commute time. For this a proper schedule and planning is necessary.
- Get involved with college mates and others to be motivated. Students can technically advance media such as the e-mail to share ideas and inspiration responses to assignments. When studying and working, it can be easy to lose motivation without constant student contact, so they are suggested to share their work experience and get tips for study from their fellows.
- To manage work and education, students can set goals and reward themselves when they attain them. This is a great self-motivating habit.
- For good management of work and study, it is significant to select quiet place for study away from home life distractions, such as the television, phone calls or other family members. Always keep textbooks, notes, computer in this one place for easy access and retrieval when needed. It saves upsetting where things are after a long day at the office, store or workshop when they feel tired.
- Make sure close ones support you. Their help is really needed to get success in both areas.
It is witnessed that students who work and study adore their lifestyle. They obtain good education as well as able to retain their jobs and earn money. For smooth management of study and work, students must inform their teachers and employer that they are a working student. They may be more flexible if they are aware of student's situation.