Write short notes following agricultural schemes initiated by PM Modi's government; i) Kisan vikas patra ii) Krishi Ambani Bima Yojna iii) Garam Sinachi Yojna iv) Sansad Adarsh Gram Yojna v) Soil Health Card Scheme vi) Deen Dayal Upadhya Gramen Kaushlya Yojna
1. KISAN VIKAS PATRA:
It is a saving certificate scheme which was first launched in 1998 by India Post. It was successful in the early months but afterwards the Government of India set up a committee under supervision of Shayamla Gopinath which gave its recommendation to the govt. that KVP could be misused. Hence the Govt. decided to close this scheme and closed in 2011.
In 2014 new govt. relaunched this scheme.
- The denomination available in Rs. 1000,5000,10000 & 50000.
- The amount invested will be doubled in 100 months.
- KVP would be giving a return of 7.8 % annually.
- The maturity period is 2 years and 6 months.
- The certificate is issued in single or joint names.
2. KRISHI AMBANI BIMA YOJANA:
this scheme was launched when Rajnath Singh was agriculture minister in Atal Behari Vajpayee’s cabinet.
- Objective of the scheme is to give impetus dying to agricultural practice.
- If farmers bear any financial burden due to unexpected weather then this scheme will help them.
- Now this scheme is covered by PM Fasal Beema Yojana.
3. GARAM SINACHI YOJANA:
The motive of this scheme will be to take irrigation water to each and every agricultural field in the country. The scheme has amalgamated three on-going programmes of three different ministries-(1) Accelerated irrigation benefit programme of the ministry of water resources ,(2) Integrated watershed management programme of the ministry of rural development and(3) Farm water management component of the National Mission on Sustainable Agriculture.
- The scheme has an allocation of Rs. 50,000 Crore for next five years.
- Converge investments in irrigation at the farm level and provide end-to-end solution.
- Har Khat Ko Pani, Enhance the physical access of water on the farm and expand cultivable area under assured irrigation.
- Promotion of micro irrigation in the form of drips, sprinklers, pivots, rain –guns in the farm.
- Per Drop more Crop.
- Fund would be given to state as 75 % grant by central govt. But, for north –eastern state region funding pattern would be 90:10.
SANSAD ADARSH GRAM YOJANA:
It is a rural development programme broadly focusing upon the development in the village which includes social development, cultural development and spread motivation among the people on social mobilization of the village community. The scheme was launched by PM Narendra Modi on the birth anniversary of Jayaprakash Narayan, on 11 October 2014.
- The development of model village, called ADARSH GRAMS, through the implementation of existing schemes and certain new initiative to be designed for the local context, which may vary from village to village.
- Creating models of locals development which can be replicated in other village.
- Under this scheme each MP needs to choose one village from the constituently that they represent, expect their own village or their wife/husband village and fix parameters and make it model village by 2016.
- Under the scheme, PM Modi has adopted Nagepur village his constituency Varanasi in UP.
- No new funds are allocated to this Yojana and funds may be raised throudh-Indra Awas Yojana ,PM Gram Sadak Yojana ,MNREGA, MP Local Area Development scheme, Corporate Social Responsibility funds etc.
5. SOIL HEALTH CARD SCHEME:
The scheme is launched by PM Narendra Modi on 17th Feb 2015 at Suratgarh, Rajasthan. Under the scheme govt. plans to issue soil cards to farmers which carry crop-wise recommendations of nutrients and fertilisers required for the individual farms to help farmers to improve productivity through judicious use of inputs. All soil samples are to be tasted in various soil testing labs across the country.
- The scheme aims balanced uses of fertilisers to enable farmers realize higher yields at low cost.
- An amount of Rs. 568 crores was allocated by the govt. for the scheme.
- The target for 2015-16 is to collect 100 lakh soil samples and test these for issue of soil health card.
- The govt. plans to distribute 14 crore soil health cards by 2017.
6. DEEN DAYAL UPADHAYA GRAMEEN KAUSHALYA YOJANA:
DDU-GKY is a government of India youth employment scheme.
- It was launched by on 25 September 2014 by Union Minsters Nitin Gadkari and Venkaiah Naidu on the occasion of 98th birth anniversary of Pandit Deendayal Upadhyaya.
- It aims to target youth, under the age of 15-35 years.
- A corpus of Rs. 1,500 crore and is aimed at enhancing the employability or rural youth. Under this programme, disbursements would be made through a digital voucher directly into the student’s bank account as part of the government’s skill development initiative.
- PUSHKAR DANGI