1. Algebra : Elements of Set Theory; Algebra of Real and Complex numbers including Demovire's theorem; Polynomials and Polynomial equations, relation between Coefficients and Roots, symmetric functions of roots; Elements of Group Theory; Sub-Group, Cyclic groups, Permutation, Groups and their elementary properties.
Rings, Integral Domains and Fields and their elementary properties.
2. Vector Spaces and Matrices : Vector Space, Linear Dependence and Independence. Sub-spaces. Basis and Dimensions, Finite Dimensional Vector Spaces. Linear Transformation of a Finite Dimensional Vector Space, Matrix Representation. Singular and Nonsingular Transformations. Rank and Nullity.
Matrices : Addition, Multiplication, Determinants of a Matrix, Properties of Determinants of order, Inverse of a Matrix, Cramer's rule.
3. Geometry and Vectors : Analytic Geometry of straight lines and conics in Cartesian and Polar coordinates; Three Dimensional geometry for planes, straight lines, sphere, cone and cylinder. Addition, Subtraction and Products of Vectors and Simple applications to Geometry.
4. Calculus : Functions, Sequences, Series, Limits, Continuity, Derivatives.
5. Ordinary Differential Equations : Order and Degree of a Differential Equation, First order differential Equations, Singular solution, Geometrical interpretation, Second order equations with constant coefficients.
6. Mechanics : Concepts of particles-Lamina; Rigid Body; Displacements; force; Mass; weight; Motion; Velocity; Speed; Acceleration; Parallelogram of forces; Parallelogram of velocity, acceleration; resultant; equilibrium of coplanar forces; Moments; Couples; Friction; Centre of mass, Gravity; Laws of motion; Motion of a particle in a straight line; simple Harmonic Motion; Motion under conservative forces; Motion under gravity; Projectile; Escape velocity; Motion of artificial satellites.
7. Elements of Computer Programming : Binary system, Octal and Hexadecimal systems. Conversion to and from Decimal systems. Codes, Bits, Bytes and Words. Memory of a computer, Arithmetic and Logical operations on numbers. Precisions. AND, OR, XOR, NOT and Shift Not Shit operators, Algorithms and Flow Charts.