Suggested Botany Books for IAS
We have compiled for you a list of IAS books for Botany to help you in your prepration for the IAS and other services under the UPSC. so it helps to know the best reference books for the ias exam.
Books on Botany as Optional subject for IAS Exam are as Follows:
- Cell Biology: De Robertis & Ambrose and Easy or Powar
- Genetics: Strickberger or Vir Bala Rastogi Buy Now
- Physiology and Biochemistry: Salisbury and Ross or Fritz and Noggle Buy Now
- Ecology: Vir Bala Rastogi and M.S. Jayaraj and P.D. Singh
- Economic Botany: Kochar or Verma Buy Now
- Microbiology : Powars's two books on microbiology are more than enough.
General Microbiology Vol. I Buy Now
General Microbiology Vol. II Buy Now
- Pathology: Singh's book along with a foreign author
- Cryptograms: B.R. Vasista (alage and fungi), P.C. Vashishta (Pteridophytes gymnosperms) Pandey and Trivedi (both volumes)
- Embryology: Bhojwani and Bhatnagar Buy Now
- Plant Anatomy: Esau or B.P. Pandey Buy Now
- Taxonomy: Nair along with Datta Buy Now