Centralised Access Control System (CACS) &Training Module and the ‘e-BCAS Project
Posted on : 02 Jan 2020Views: 173
- Minister of State (I/C) for Civil Aviation launched the Biometric enabled Centralised Access Control System (CACS) and ‘e-BCAS Project Training Module’.
- The two projects launched are important milestones to enhance security and ease of doing business at airports.
- Covering 43 Airports of AAI and 5 Joint Venture airports at present, the CACS project is aimed to digitize the employee movement process at the airports.
- This multi-layered security system encompasses the uniqueness of the Airport Entry Permit (AEP) users, biometric authentication in addition to PIN-based identity verification through contactless smart card technology, which manages access of personnel along with RFID based automated vehicle access control system according to the region, terminal, zone, and gate access privileges.
- The ‘e-BCAS Project: Training Module’ aimed at helping more than 1.5 lac employees of various stakeholders by migrating from manual process of training to digital platform.
- The objective of the e-BCAS project is to make all the activities in the BCAS transparent, user-friendly, and efficient and above all, the project intends to provide an ease of doing business with the stakeholders.
- All 29 Aviation Security Training Institutes (ASTIs) have been registered as User Entities and now they can make nominations for various courses online.
- The ‘e-BCAS’ project envisaged to achieve a “paperless office” under e-Governance initiative of GoI. It’s aimed at facilitating external stakeholders to access BCAS system by digital automation of all internal office procedures in 2016, the project was approved by Ministry of Civil Aviation (MoCA).
Article Related Questions
The ‘e-BCAS Project seen recently in news is related to?
1.Honey bee keeping and pollination
2.Census counting machinery
3.Training programme from manual to digital platform
4.ISRO’s plan for year 2020
Right Ans : Training programme from manual to digital platform