Exercise INDRA 2019
Posted on : 09 Dec 2019Views: 281
- Exercise INDRA 2019 a joint, tri services exercise between India and Russia will be conducted in India from 10 — 19 December 2019 simultaneously at Babina (near Jhansi), Pune, and Goa.
- The INDRA series of exercise began in 2003 and the First joint Tri Services Exercise was conducted in 2017.
- India and Russia will hold the eleventh iteration of their bilateral military exercise.
- Company sized mechanised contingents, fighter and transport aircraft as well as ships of respective Army, Air Force and Navy will participate in this exercise of ten days duration.
- In 2018, land component of the exercise took place at India’s Babina Military Station, near Jhansi in the Indian state of Uttar Pradesh.
- The naval part of the exercise, dubbed Indra Navy, took place in the Bay of Bengal last year.
- The Indian Navy dispatched the “INS Ranvir, a guided missile destroyer, INS Satpura, an indigenous frigate, INS Kadmatt, an indigenous anti- submarine warfare (ASW) corvette, IN Ships Kuthar and Khanjar both indigenous missile corvettes and INS Jyoti, a fleet tanker” to the exercise.
Article Related Questions
India conducts “Exercise INDRA” with which of the following country?
Right Ans : Russia