Global Microscope Report 2019
Posted on : 24 Jan 2020Views: 1671
- The Global Microscope for Financial Inclusion is a benchmarking index that assesses the enabling environment for financial access in 55 countries.
- The report is released by Economist Intelligence Unit (EIU), a British research and analysis division of The Economist Group.
- It measures financial inclusion via 4 parameters i.e. in terms of allowing non-banks to issue e-money, proportionate customer due diligence and effective consumer protection.
- The 2019 report has placed India among the top nations with the most conducive environment for financial inclusion.
- According to it the overall environment for financial inclusion has improved globally with India, Colombia, Peru, Uruguay and Mexico have the most favourable conditions for inclusive finance.
- Only four countries - Colombia, India, Jamaica and Uruguay - scored perfectly across all four parameters.
Article Related Questions
With reference to the Global Microscope for Financial Inclusion report 2019, consider the following statements
1.It is released by World Economic Forum along with INSEAD.
2.It measures financial inclusion enabling environment across 55 countries only.
3.The 2019 report has ranked India among top nations with the most conducive environment for financial inclusion.
Which of the above statements are correct?
1.1 and 2 only
2.2 and 3 only
3.1 and 3 only
4.1, 2 and 3
Right Ans : 2 and 3 only