ISRO to set up second launch port in Tamil Nadu
Posted on : 03 Jan 2020Views: 420
- Indian Space Research Organisation will establish a second launch port in Thoothukodi district in Tamil Nadu exclusively to launch small satellite launch vehicles.
- A second Vehicle Assembly Building in SDSC SHAR Sriharikota was dedicated to the nation during the year for increasing the launch frequency. As part of the enhanced outreach activity, a launch viewing gallery was operationalised in Sriharikota to facilitate viewing of launches live by the public.
- In an effort towards horizontal expansion of ISRO, Space Technology Cells, Space Technology Incubation Centres and Regional Academic Centres for Space were established during the year and many more such centres are planned in the future.
- To carry forward the industry production of space systems, ISRO incorporated New Space India Limited (NSIL), under the Department of Space and efforts in realising PSLVs from industry initiated.
- Other projects during the year include SSLV, GSLV with 4m ogive payload fairing, GSAT-20 satellite, NavIC with indigenous atomic clocks, Indian Data Relay Satellite System, Aditya-L1 and XPOSAT.
Article Related Questions
Indian Space Research Organisation will establish a second launch port in which state of India?
Right Ans : Tamil Nadu