Office of Controller General of Accounts
Posted on : 11 Dec 2019Views: 1155
- Smt. Soma Roy Burman, a 1986-batch Indian Civil Accounts Service (ICAS) Officer, took charge as the new Controller General of Accounts.
- Smt. Burman is the 24th Controller General of Accounts (CGA) and is the seventh woman to hold this coveted position.
About Controller General of Accounts:
- Controller General of Accounts (CGA), in the Department of Expenditure, Ministry of Finance, is the Principal Accounting Adviser to Government of India and is responsible for establishing and maintaining a technically sound Management Accounting System.
- The Office of CGA prepares monthly and annual analysis of expenditure, revenues, borrowings and various fiscal indicators for the Union Government. The Annual Appropriation Accounts (Civil) and Union Finance Accounts are submitted to Parliament under Article 150 of the Constitution.
- Controller General of Accounts (CGA) in Ministry of Finance heads the organisation and is responsible for administering this system.
Article Related Questions
With reference to Controller General of Accounts, consider the following statements
1.Office of CGA comes under the direct supervision of Comptroller and Auditor General of India.
2.Office of CGA prepares monthly and annual analysis of various fiscal indicators for the Union Government.
Which of the following statement is/are correct?
3.Both 1 and 2
4.Neither 1 nor 2
Right Ans : 2 only