Posted on : 17 Jan 2020Views: 1218
- The scheme aims for mentoring the National Accreditation and Assessment Council (NAAC) Accreditation Aspirant Institutions to promote Quality Assurance in Higher Education.
- The scheme will be a paradigm shift in the concept of mentoring of institution by another well performing institution to upgrade their academic performance and enable them to get accredited by focusing in the area of curricular aspects, teaching-learning & evaluation, research, innovation, institutional values & practices etc.
- The scheme will be operationalized through a “Hub & Spoke” model wherein the Mentor Institution, called the “Hub” is centralized and will have the responsibility of guiding the Mentee institution through the secondary branches the “Spoke” i.e. through the services provided to the mentee for self-improvement.
- The scheme will target 1000 Higher Education Institutions (HEIs) for mentoring with a specific focus on quality as enumerated in the UGC “Quality Mandate”.
- The scheme is expected to have a major impact in addressing a national challenge of improving the quality of Higher Education in India.
- It will also facilitate sharing of knowledge, information and opportunities for research collaboration and faculty development in Mentee Institutions.
- It will target 1000 Higher Education Institutions for mentoring with a specific focus on quality as enumerated in the UGC “Quality Mandate”.
- The scheme also proposes to provide financial assistance to the mentoring institutions and the option of appointing an expert, who can be paid a fellowship amount of Rs. 31,000 per month.
Article Related Questions
Consider the following statements regarding Paramarsh scheme
1.It aims to promote Quality Assurance in Higher Education.
2.It aims to tap the talent pool of scientists and entrepreneurs, internationally to encourage their engagement with the institutes of Higher Education in India.
Which of the above statements is/are correct?
3.Both 1 and 2
4.Neither 1 nor 2
Right Ans : 1 only