Salient Features of Bharat Darshan Scheme
Posted on : 31 Jan 2020Views: 248
- 100% centrally funded for the project components undertaken for public funding.
- To leverage the voluntary funding available for Corporate Social Responsibility (CSR) initiatives of Central Public Sector Undertakings and corporate sector.
- Funding of individual project will vary from state to state and will be finalised on the basis of detailed project reports prepared by PMC (Programme Management Consultant). PMC will be a national level consultant to be appointed by the Mission Directorate.
- A National Steering Committee (NSC) will be constituted with Minister in charge of M/O Tourism as Chairman, to steer the mission objectives and vision of the scheme.
- A Mission Directorate headed by the Member Secretary, NSC as a nodal officer will help in identification of projects in consultation with the States/ UTs governments and other stakeholders.
- To position tourism as a major engine of economic growth and job creation;
- Develop circuits having tourist potential in a planned and prioritized manner
- Promote cultural and heritage value of the country to generate livelihoods in the identified regions
- Enhancing the tourist attractiveness in a sustainable manner by developing world class infrastructure in the circuit /destinations
- Follow community based development and pro-poor tourism approach
- Creating awareness among the local communities about the importance of tourism for them in terms of increased sources of income, improved living standards and overall development of the area.
- To create employment through active involvement of local communities;
- Harness tourism potential for its effects in employment generation and economic development
- To make full use of the potential and advantages in terms of available infrastructure, national culture and characteristic strong points of each and every region throughout the country by development of theme based circuits.
- Development of tourist facilitation services to enhance visitor experience/satisfaction.
Article Related Questions
Which of the following are the objectives of Bharat Darshan Scheme?
1.To position tourism as a major engine of economic growth and job creation.
2.Develop circuits having tourist potential in a planned and prioritized manner.
3. Promote cultural and heritage value of the country to generate livelihoods in the identified regions.
4.Build rural infrastructure
Choose the correct option
1.1, 2 and 3
2.1 and 2 only
3.1, 2, 3 and 4
4.1, 2, 3 and 4
Right Ans : 1, 2 and 3