After one year of the Nirbhaya Incident of Dec 2012 has anything changed for women in India.
Many eye-brows were raised, many debates were organized both in the national level as well as in the states regarding the security of women in public places after the Nirbhaya incident of December 2012.
The gruesome rape of Nirbhaya has made us do a soul searching regarding how much brute human can be against the fairer sex. How long will it take us to be a civilized human being? For this outrage and condemnation we need to thank our media that made countrymen feel guilt and have sympathy for Nirbhaya.
There were series of measures suggested to protect women at public places like not going out at night after certain hours. Take chili powder and needles with them whenever they go out alone. There were many innovative devices which come to the market which can be termed as anti-rape devices like Nirbeikh gun. However, there is debate over these measures, with one school of thought finding its utility and the other saying its futility.
The most notable thing to happen after the Nirbhaya incident is the passage of Sexual Harassment of Women at Workplace Bill to prevent such harassment at workplace. Though the Act may sound somewhat irrelevant to Nirbhaya incident but it firmly deals with the genre of sexual violence.
The imposition of death sentence on four men accused is the most notable thing to happen after the Nirbhaya incident. At the same time the escape of one juvenile accused from death sentence as an underage has been another notable incident in this regard. There should be a rethink on definition of juvenile and juvenile justice as regards incidents of rape and sexual crime is concerned.
Looking at the pros and cons of Nirbhaya incident it can be said that there is need to change our attitude towards the fairer sex by the male sex. When males will be sympathetic and kind towards their female sex then only we build a harmonious society that is free from crime against women. This change can be best tribute to remember and respect the soul of Nirbhaya who has lost her life at the hands of some brute elements of our society.
- Five years after Nirbhaya what has changed for women in public places
- Cases in India – Has anything changed after the Nirbhaya Incident?
- Disuss on Has anything changed after the Nirbhaya Incident?
- Essay on Has anything changed after the Nirbhaya Incident?
- After one year of the Nirbhaya Incident of Dec 2012 has anything changed for women in India.
- Nirbhaya case what happened that night
- Discuss on Five years after Nirbhaya what has changed for women in public places?
- Essay on Five years after Nirbhaya what has changed for women in public places?