Bhashan Char Island
Posted on : 10 Feb 2020Views: 544
- Bangladesh has built the relocation camp at Bhashan Char with a capacity to accommodate about 1lakh people to take the pressure off the overcrowded border camps.
- The Rohingya refugees living in Bangladesh camps have agreed to move to Bhashan Char Island in the Bay of Bengal.
- The island is also known as Thengar Char Island.
- The Bhashan Char is an uninhabited island around 30 kilometres east of Hatiya island in the South East Bangladesh.
- Bhashan Char island was formed about two decades ago on the mouth of river Meghna.
- Though the Bangladesh government has built a three-metre-high embankment along its perimeter to keep out tidal surges during cyclones but the island falls in an ecologically fragile area prone to floods, erosion and cyclone.
Article Related Questions
Bhashan Char Island was in news recently is located in which country?
Right Ans : Bangladesh