NITI Aayog to draft roadmap for achieving population stabilisation
Posted on : 13 Feb 2020Views: 95
- The NITI Aayog is going to draft a roadmap for achieving population stabilisation in collaboration with the Population Foundation of India (PFI).
- It is organising a National Consultation titled “Realizing the vision of population stabilization: leaving no one behind”.
- The working paper is expected to address key gaps in India's family planning programmes. India, with a current population size of 1.37 billion, has the second largest population in the world.
- It will offer constructive recommendations to address regional disparities in outcomes by focusing on adolescents and youths, inter-departmental convergence, demand generation, access to contraceptive services and quality of care.
- The Aayog said that India is at a stage where birth rates are falling but the population continues to grow due to the fact that more than 30 per cent of the population is young and in the reproductive age group.
Article Related Questions
NITI Aayog recently drafted a roadmap for achieving population stabilisation, with reference to that consider the following statements
1.It recommended to Increase budgetary allocations for family planning
2.Treating population stabilisation and family planning as a national priority is one of its outcome
3.India currently has the second largest population in the world.
Which of the following statements is/are correct?
The 1857 Uprising was the culmination of the recurrent big and small local rebellions that occured in the preceding hundred years of British Rule. Elucidate (Answer in 150 words) - 2019 Mains
1.1 and 2 only
4.1, 2 and 3
Right Ans : 1, 2 and 3