107th Indian Science Congress
Posted on : 06 Jan 2020Views: 79
- The 107th Indian Science Congress will begin in Bengaluru at the University of Agricultural Sciences, GKVK campus on January 3, 2020.
- The theme of the meet this year is 'Science and Technology: Rural Development'.
- It will also be hosting a Farmer's Science Congress for the very first time, along with a Children's Science Congress and a Women's Science Congress.
- The Congress is a major focal point for scientists, researchers and academicians interested in various aspects of science discoveries and technologies.
- The five-day long event aims to bring together science fraternity across the world to discuss scientific innovation and research.
- There are 28 plenary sessions at the event on areas ranging from 'Climate Smart Agriculture for Food Security', 'Crop Improvement Towards Food and Nutrition Security', 'Materials Science and Technology for Rural Development', 'Challenges and Opportunities in Cancer Drug Discovery', 'Artificial Intelligence and Medical Technology', 'Advances in Basic Medical And Clinical Interactions', 'Non-Communicable Diseases in Rural Population', as well as 'Cancer Research — Therapeutic Applications'.
- The areas also include 'Nano Materials for Energy', 'Environment and Health Care', 'Novel Solutions for Oil and Gas Industry Problems' and so on in which senior scientists and officials will discuss on the status, challenges, opportunities and scope in these research areas.
- The Farmer's Congress will focus on innovation for integrated agriculture and entrepreneurship for doubling farmers’ income, climate change, bio-diversity, conservation, and ecosystem services and farmers empowerment to agrarian distress, rural bio-entrepreneurship and policy issues.
Article Related Questions
With reference to 107th Indian Science Congress recently held, consider the following statements
1.It was held in New Delhi.
2.The theme of this year is 'Science and Technology: Urban Development'.
Which of the following statement is/are correct?
The 1857 Uprising was the culmination of the recurrent big and small local rebellions that occured in the preceding hundred years of British Rule. Elucidate (Answer in 150 words) - 2019 Mains
3.Both 1 and 2
4.Neither 1 nor 2
Right Ans : Neither 1 nor 2