16th summit of ASEAN
Posted on : 12 Dec 2019Views: 234
- Security: Cooperation in counter terrorism, violent extremism, and transnational crimes. Cooperation to promote maritime security and cyber security. Convergence between ASEAN’s and India’s view on the Indo-Pacific region.
- Economy: To increase trade value between India and ASEAN to 200 billion USD by 2022, to open greater market access among each other under the Regional Comprehensive Economic Partnership (RCEP).
- Socio-cultural ties: Cooperation on youth and women empowerment, human capital development, smart cities network, as well as cooperation to address transboundary environmental challenges, climate change, and disaster management.
- Connectivity: Cooperation between Ayeyawady-Chao Phraya-Mekong Economic Cooperation Strategy (ACMECS) and the Mekong-Ganga frameworks and support for the expansion of ASEAN-India connectivity via land and air links, especially the India-Myanmar-Thailand Trilateral Highway.
- In news: 16th ASEAN-India Summit was held in Thailand. The Prime Minister of Thailand General Prayut Chan-o-Cha chaired this Summit and Prime Minister of our country Narendra Modi co-chaired it.
Article Related Questions
In which of the following countries 16th ASEAN-India Summit was held recently?
Right Ans : Thailand