20th Edition of Hornbill Festival
Posted on : 04 Dec 2019Views: 851
- The Hornbill Festival began with a colourful blend of culture and tradition with a modern twist at Naga Heritage Kisama in Nagaland.
- This is the 20th edition of Hornbill Festival.
- The festival organised by Nagaland Government is an annual tourism promotional event to showcase the state’s traditional and rich cultural heritage in all its ethnicity, diversity and grandeur.
- The 10 Days Hornbill Festival began with the traditional blessing pronounced by Mongtei of Aniashu village while the Chief host and Host opened the festival by beating the traditional gong.
- A display of Sukhoi aircraft flying over Kisama site was also organised in close coordination between the state government and headquarter, Eastern Air Command (IAF) Shillong.
Article Related Questions
Hornbill Festival is the state festival of which state in India?
Right Ans : Nagaland