Posted on : 28 Jan 2020Views: 1975
- Centre is planning to expand the reach of the Smart Safety Surveillance or 3S programme.
- It is a project to optimize post-marketing surveillance of priority drugs and vaccines.
- It was recommended by the World Health Organization (WHO), considering the limited safety data on vaccines introduced in India.
- It aims to ensure the vaccines distributed under the universal immunization programme are safe.
- As part of the 3S project, India is evaluating the recently-introduced rotavirus vaccines.
- It is also trying to strengthen the collaboration among key stakeholders, such as Ministry of Health and Central Drugs Standard Control Organisation (CDSCO), to ensure high levels of vigilance.
Article Related Questions
Project 3S is related to which of the following sectors?
Right Ans : Health