Andhra Pradesh State Legislative Council
Posted on : 06 Feb 2020Views: 840
- The Andhra Pradesh Assembly has unanimously passed a resolution to abolish the State Legislative Council.
- Chief Minister Jagan Mohan Reddy moved the one-line resolution in the assembly to abolish the council.
- The statutory resolution was adopted with 133 members voting in favour of it.
- The Assembly passed the resolution on dissolution of the Council after a wide range of discussions.
- The resolution will now be sent to the Centre for necessary follow-up action.
- The move came after the YSRC government failed to get two crucial bills on its plans to have three capitals cleared by the opposition TDP-dominated Upper House.
- As of today, six states have Legislative Councils. These are Bihar, Uttar Pradesh, Maharashtra, Karnataka, Andhra Pradesh and Telangana.
Article Related Questions
Which of the following states have Legislative Councils?
Choose the correct code
1.1, 2 and 3 only
2.2, 4, 5 and 6 only
3.1, 2, 3 and 4 only
4.1, 2, 3, 4, 5 and 6
Right Ans : 1, 2, 3 and 4 only