“Ansupa Lake” - One of the largest fresh water lake of Odisha
Posted on : 19 Dec 2019Views: 2271
- The Odisha Wetland Authority has approved implementation of an integrated management plan for Chilika, country’s largest brackish water lagoon, and Ansupa, State’s largest freshwater lake.
- The five-year management of lakes is intended at strengthening livelihood of thousands of fishermen relying on the two water-bodies. Besides, tourism promotion and conservation of ecology will be taken up.
- Ansupa Lake is one of the largest fresh water lake of Odisha situated in Banki, Cuttack.
- It was created by Mahanadi and got a shape like the hoof of a horse.
- It spreads over a vast area of 141 hectare, and surrounded by Saranda Hills in its length.
- The lake is surrounded with high hills. One can have a view of high hills around the lake.
Article Related Questions
Consider the following statements regarding “Ansupa Lake” which has been recently in news.
1.Ansupa Lake is one of the largest fresh water lake of Odisha.
2.It was created by Mahanadi and got a shape like the hoof of a horse.
3.The lake is surrounded with high hills.
Which of the statements given above is/are correct?
1.1 and 3 only
3.2 and 3 only
4.1, 2 and 3
Right Ans : 1, 2 and 3