Aruna Sundararajan Committee on Telecom sector
Posted on : 04 Jan 2020Views: 429
- The committee was set up by Telecom minister under department of telecommunications secretary Aruna Sundararajan.
- The committee is set to look into the entire issue of rationalisation of levies of telecom operators and submit a report.
- It will also give report on spectrum usage charge (SUC), and issue of removing ambiguities in ease of doing business.
- The government has recognised that telecom operators are under financial stress and need support in the form of rationalisation of various levies, like licence fee and spectrum usage charge.
- The industry has for long been demanding lower taxes and levies, which add up to about 30% of their revenues.
- The Telecom Regulatory Authority of India (TRAI) has also recommended lowering of certain levies by way of providing financial relief to the operators.
- TRAI recommended fixing a flat spectrum usage charge for operators at 3% of their adjusted gross revenue.
Article Related Questions
Recently, the government has set up Aruna Sundararajan Committee for making recommendations on
Right Ans : Telecom sector