Asia Pacific Drosophila Research Conference
Posted on : 08 Jan 2020Views: 199
- The 5th Asia Pacific Drosophila Research Conference (APDRC5) and the 4th Indian Drosophila Research Conference (InDRC4) being organised by IISER Pune, India.
- The Asia Pacific Drosophila Research Conferences (APDRC) is a biennial event.
- It aims to promote the interaction of Drosophila Researchers in the Asia-Pacific region with their peers in the rest of the world.
- Drosophila is a genus of two-winged flies commonly known as fruit flies that are used in evolutionary and developmental studies.
- The fruit fly, Drosophila melanogaster, has been the focus of genetics research for over a century.
- Drosophila melanogaster, is a genetic model system that has been exploited for epilepsy research for more than 30 years.
- One consequence of this long history as a genetic model is a remarkably robust and diverse set of genetic tools, including loss of function mutations in most genes, a powerful transgenesis system, whole-genome RNA interference libraries, and expression systems with temporal and spatial specificity.
- Since approximately 75% of known human disease genes are conserved in Drosophila, these powerful genetic reagents available for Drosophila research are increasingly being applied to human disease research.
- The recent development of gene-editing greatly increases the utility of this insect through the generation of humanized “knock-in” mutations.
Article Related Questions
Consider the following statements regarding Asia Pacific Drosophila Research Conference
1.It is been organised by Department of Science and Technology.
2.It is an annual event.
3.Drosophila is a genus of two-winged flies commonly known as fruit flies that are used in evolutionary and developmental studies.
Which of the following statement is/are correct?
The 1857 Uprising was the culmination of the recurrent big and small local rebellions that occured in the preceding hundred years of British Rule. Elucidate (Answer in 150 words) - 2019 Mains
1.1 and 2 only
4.1, 2 and 3
Right Ans : 3 only