Asia Pacific Drosophila Research Conference
Posted on : 08 Jan 2020Views: 885
- The 5th Asia Pacific Drosophila Research Conference (APDRC5) and the 4th Indian Drosophila Research Conference (InDRC4) being organised by IISER Pune, India.
- The Asia Pacific Drosophila Research Conferences (APDRC) is a biennial event.
- It aims to promote the interaction of Drosophila Researchers in the Asia-Pacific region with their peers in the rest of the world.
- Drosophila is a genus of two-winged flies commonly known as fruit flies that are used in evolutionary and developmental studies.
- The fruit fly, Drosophila melanogaster, has been the focus of genetics research for over a century.
- Drosophila melanogaster, is a genetic model system that has been exploited for epilepsy research for more than 30 years.
- One consequence of this long history as a genetic model is a remarkably robust and diverse set of genetic tools, including loss of function mutations in most genes, a powerful transgenesis system, whole-genome RNA interference libraries, and expression systems with temporal and spatial specificity.
- Since approximately 75% of known human disease genes are conserved in Drosophila, these powerful genetic reagents available for Drosophila research are increasingly being applied to human disease research.
- The recent development of gene-editing greatly increases the utility of this insect through the generation of humanized “knock-in” mutations.
Article Related Questions
Consider the following statements regarding Asia Pacific Drosophila Research Conference
1.It is been organised by Department of Science and Technology.
2.It is an annual event.
3.Drosophila is a genus of two-winged flies commonly known as fruit flies that are used in evolutionary and developmental studies.
Which of the following statement is/are correct?
1.1 and 2 only
4.1, 2 and 3
Right Ans : 3 only