Battles fought before 1857.
Posted on : 18 Jan 2020Views: 290
- The Third Anglo-Maratha War (1817–1818) was the final and decisive conflict between the British East India Company and the Maratha Empire in India.
- The first Anglo-Burmese War was fought between1824 to 1826.
- The First Anglo-Afghan War was fought between the British East India Company and the Emirate of Afghanistan from 1839 to 1842, in which the British were defeated.
- The two Anglo–Sikh wars were fought between the British empire and the Kingdom of Punjab from:
- First Anglo-Sikh War (1845–46)
- Second Anglo-Sikh War (1848–49)
- Santhal rebellion took place in 1855 in the Chotanagpur region.
Article Related Questions
Arrange the following events in a chronological order that took place before the Revolt of 1857?
1.First Anglo-Afghan War
3.First Anglo-Burmese War
5.Third Anglo-Maratha war
Select the correct answer using the code given below:
The 1857 Uprising was the culmination of the recurrent big and small local rebellions that occured in the preceding hundred years of British Rule. Elucidate (Answer in 150 words) - 2019 Mains
1.1, 2, 3, 4 and 5
2.2, 3, 1, 5 and 4
3.3, 4, 1 and 2
4.5, 3, 1, 2 and 4
Right Ans : 5, 3, 1, 2 and 4