Bhutan’s high value low impact policy
Posted on : 29 Nov 2019Views: 124
- To address emerging challenges and trends in the tourism industry.
- The policy will also cover regional tourists that are increasing by the day.
- Bhutan enjoys a reputation for authenticity, remoteness and a well-protected cultural heritage and natural environment.
- The principle of “high value, low volume” has been the overall tourism policy since 1974, which later changed to “high value, low impact” in 2008.
- To foster a vibrant industry as a positive force in the conservation of environment, promotion of cultural heritage, safeguarding sovereign status of the Nation for significantly contributing to Gross National Happiness.
Article Related Questions
“High value low impact policy” which was seen recently in news was related to which country?
The 1857 Uprising was the culmination of the recurrent big and small local rebellions that occured in the preceding hundred years of British Rule. Elucidate (Answer in 150 words) - 2019 Mains
Right Ans : Bhutan