Breast Milk Banks
Posted on : 12 Feb 2020Views: 355
- Breast Milk Banks are established under “National Guidelines on Establishment of Lactation Management Centres in Public Health Facilities” by the Ministry of Health and Family Welfare.
- It is established for the purpose of collecting, screening, processing, storing and distributing donor human milk at Government Medical Colleges or District Hospitals with high delivery load and availability of newborn treatment units.
- It has a collection and storage facility of mother’s own milk in District Hospital/Sub-district Hospital with at least 12 beds.
- These are established at all delivery points to provide breastfeeding support, lactation counselling and Kangaroo Mother Care (KMC) support to mothers.
- The first Breast Milk Bank of India was established in 1989 at Mumbai.
- MAA - "Mothers Absolute Affection" is a nationwide programme of the Ministry of Health and Family Welfare to promote breastfeeding.
Article Related Questions
Recently Breast Milk Banks are been established in the country, consider the following statements regarding it
1.They are been established under Ministry of women and child development.
2.Breast Milk Contains Important Antibodies.
3.Breastfeeding May Prevent Menstruation.
Which of the following statements is/are correct?
1.1 and 2 only
2.2 and 3 only
4.1, 2 and 3
Right Ans : 2 and 3 only