Posted on : 05 Mar 2020Views: 382
- The Third Buddhist council was presided over by the scholar monk Moggaliputra Tissa
- The fourth Council was held during the reign of Kanishka
- The third council was held at Patliputra
Article Related Questions
Consider the statements regarding Buddhist councils.
1. The First Buddhist council was convened in Vaishali.
2. The Third Buddhist council was under the patronage of Emperor Ashoka.
3. Ashvaghosha, who was part of the fourth Buddhist Council, had written Buddhacharita.
Which of the statements given above is/are correct?
1.Both 1 and 3
2.Both 2 and 3
3.Both 1 and 2
4.1, 2 and 3
Right Ans : Both 2 and 3