Census India 2021
Posted on : 15 Jan 2020Views: 102
- Census India-2021 will begin on 1st of April this year and will end on 30th of September. Census India-2021 will be conducted through a mobile phone application, moving away from the traditional pen and paper.
- Enumerators of the census will seek the information of mobile number of the head of the family, information related to toilets, TV, Internet, vehicles owned, source of drinking water besides asking other questions during the house listing phase of the exercise.
- The central government will also carry out the National Population Register (NPR) exercise along with the houselisting phase of the census.
- The (census) officials have been instructed to ask as many as 31 questions from every household during both houselisting and housing census exercises.
- The notification, however, made it clear that the mobile number will be sought only for census-related communications and not for any other purpose.
- Questions related to the main source of lighting, whether the family has access to a toilet, the type of toilet, wastewater outlet, availability of bathing facility, availability of kitchen and LPG/PNG connection and main fuel used for cooking will also be asked by the enumerators.
- The 2021 census will be conducted through a mobile phone application, moving away from the traditional pen and paper.
- The census will have its reference date as March 1, 2021, but for snow-bound Jammu and Kashmir, Himachal Pradesh and Uttarakhand it will be October 1, 2020.
Article Related Questions
Consider the following statements regarding Census India 2021
1.Census would be conducted digitally this time through mobile phones.
2.Reference date of snow-bound states and other states would be same.
Which of the following statement is/are correct?
The 1857 Uprising was the culmination of the recurrent big and small local rebellions that occured in the preceding hundred years of British Rule. Elucidate (Answer in 150 words) - 2019 Mains
3.Both 1 and 2
4.Neither 1 nor 2
Right Ans : 1 only