Child well-being index
Posted on : 30 Nov 2019Views: 303
- The India child well-being index is a crucial report that can be mined both by the Government and civil organisations to achieve the goal of child well-being and we will use this report effectively.
- This report provides insights on health, nutrition, education, and sanitation and child protection.
- The dimensions of the index include healthy individual development, positive relationships and protective contexts.
- Focusing on the three key dimensions, 24 indicators were selected to develop the computation of the child well-being index.
- The index captures the performance of each state and union territory on a composite child well-being score.
- Kerala, Tamil Nadu, Himachal Pradesh and Puducherry topped the charts in the child well-being index.
- Meghalaya, Jharkhand and Madhya Pradesh featured at the bottom.
- Among the union territories, Puducherry led the way and Dadra and Nagar Haveli featured at the other end.
- The report has called for states to look at their respective scores on the dimensions of child well-being and to prepare for priority areas of intervention with specific plans of action.
- The report also emphasised on triggering policy level changes, seek better budgetary allocations and initiate discussions with all stakeholders which can help in enhancing the quality of life of all children in the country.
Article Related Questions
Consider the following Statements regarding child well-being index:
1.This Report is released by World Bank.
2.Kerala topped the chart in the child well-being index.
3.The index captures the performance of each state and union territories also.
Which of the above statements is/are correct?
1.1 and 2 only
2.2 and 3 only
3.1 and 3 only
4.1, 2 and 3
Right Ans : 2 and 3 only